Just because "he can" does not make it right!!!!!!

Reader comment on: Does the Anti-Nepotism Statute Preclude Trump from Appointing Kushner?

Submitted by Theresa Ullmayer, Jan 11, 2017 14:11

What I see here is that Donald Trump is doing it because 'he can!" This is just not a good example! I voted for him, I will give him the benefit of the doubt, but it is not a good start in my opinion. If HRC had appointed Bill Clinton in this way I would have been furious and I think most out there would too! This appointment disappoints me greatly. I am watching this President with Eagle Eyes. Some have said, well,he is not taking a salary after all!!!!! Who cares! that was his choice. I am holding this man up to a high standard and that is why I voted for him - to "drain the swamp." This seems a bit hypocritical to me!!!!!

Note: Reader comments are screened, and in some cases edited, before posting. Gatestone Institute reserves the right to reject anything found to be objectionable. Reader comments, including the one above, represent solely the opinion or viewpoint of the readers that submitted them and do not represent the opinion or viewpoint of Gatestone Institute. Gatestone Institute takes no responsibility for the content of reader comments.

Submit a comment on this article

Other reader comments on this item

Title By Date
On the Emoluments clauses (plural) [154 words]Ron ThompsonJan 11, 2017 17:00
⇒ Just because "he can" does not make it right!!!!!! [126 words]Theresa UllmayerJan 11, 2017 14:11
Presidential flaws [72 words]SaronyJan 11, 2017 03:03
And Bobby Kennedy? [37 words]Sheila RavivJan 11, 2017 00:57
Nepotism in regards to the American system [22 words]Jack ShnaierJan 11, 2017 00:35
Nepotism [88 words]Barbara BrooksJan 10, 2017 22:31
Nepotism? [9 words]David EmeryJan 10, 2017 22:01
Milton Eisenhower [11 words]Arthur CohnJan 10, 2017 20:03
Trump's Appointment [186 words]Juanita SkeltonJan 10, 2017 17:44
Well said [12 words]PodargusJan 11, 2017 00:10
response to Trump's appointment [117 words]Pat WalkerFeb 18, 2017 00:42

Comment on this item

Name
Email Address
Title of Comments
Comments:

Note: Gatestone Institute greatly appreciates your comments. The editors reserve the right, however, not to publish comments containing: incitement to violence, profanity, or any broad-brush slurring of any race, ethnic group or religion. Gatestone also reserves the right to edit comments for length, clarity and grammar. All thoughtful suggestions and analyses will be gratefully considered. Commenters' email addresses will not be displayed publicly. Gatestone regrets that, because of the increasingly great volume of traffic, we are not able to publish them all.