The prophecy in Ezekiel 35

Reader comment on: Obama's Betrayal of Israel

Submitted by Roy Smith, Jan 13, 2017 11:22

Ezekiel 35:1-15 HCSB
[1] ... The word of the Lord came to me: [2] "Son of man, turn your face toward Mount Seir and prophesy against it. [3] Say to it: This is what the Lord GOD says: Look! I am against you, Mount Seir. I will stretch out My hand against you and make you a desolate waste. [4] I will turn your cities into ruins, and you will become a desolation. Then you will know that I am Yahweh. [5] "Because you maintained an ancient hatred and handed over the Israelites to the power of the sword in the time of their disaster, the time of final punishment, [6] therefore, as I live"-this is the declaration of the Lord GOD-"I will destine you for bloodshed, and it will pursue you. Since you did not hate bloodshed, it will pursue you. [7] I will make Mount Seir a desolate waste and will cut off from it those who come and go. [8] I will fill its mountains with the slain; those slain by the sword will fall on your hills, in your valleys, and in all your ravines. [9] I will make you a perpetual desolation; your cities will not be inhabited. Then you will know that I am Yahweh. [10] "Because you said, 'These two nations and two lands will be mine, and we will possess them'-though the LORD was there- [11] therefore, as I live"-the declaration of the Lord GOD-"I will treat you according to the anger and jealousy you showed in your hatred of them. I will make Myself known among them when I judge you. [12] Then you will know that I, Yahweh, have heard all the blasphemies you uttered against the mountains of Israel, saying, 'They are desolate. They have been given to us to devour!' [13] You boasted against Me with your mouth, and spoke many words against Me. I heard it Myself! [14] "This is what the Lord GOD says: While the whole world rejoices, I will make you a desolation. [15] Just as you rejoiced over the inheritance of the house of Israel because it became a desolation, so I will deal with you: you will become a desolation, Mount Seir, and so will all Edom in its entirety. Then they will know that I am Yahweh. ...

Note: Reader comments are screened, and in some cases edited, before posting. Gatestone Institute reserves the right to reject anything found to be objectionable. Reader comments, including the one above, represent solely the opinion or viewpoint of the readers that submitted them and do not represent the opinion or viewpoint of Gatestone Institute. Gatestone Institute takes no responsibility for the content of reader comments.

Submit a comment on this article

Other reader comments on this item

Title By Date
Obama and Betrayal [499 words]Juanita SkeltonJan 13, 2017 13:30
Obamas "decision"...? [168 words]Rob ManzoniJan 13, 2017 13:01
Praise [77 words]Sheryn EfirdJan 13, 2017 12:33
Obama's Legacy of Hubris [145 words]John DavisJan 13, 2017 12:25
It is expected of him [53 words]H B SubrahmanyamJan 13, 2017 12:21
Israel Alone. [337 words]Ron HoffmanJan 13, 2017 12:20
The Desperate Act of a Petulant Child [76 words]Harold SvennsenJan 13, 2017 11:43
⇒ The prophecy in Ezekiel 35 [387 words]Roy SmithJan 13, 2017 11:22
Thoughtful article [52 words]lindaJan 13, 2017 10:28
Two state solution [33 words]Steve WarrenJan 13, 2017 10:23
Israel the only country in the world established by Divine Covenant! [74 words]GeoffreyJan 16, 2017 15:06
What Israel needs [70 words]hendrik kiliaanJan 13, 2017 09:38
Obama [27 words]MaryJan 13, 2017 09:17
You can't "betray" a people and country you have been known to hate due to Islamic belief [82 words]DeanJan 13, 2017 09:05
Demise of the West [180 words]Peter D GardnerJan 13, 2017 07:04
Surprise Surprise [51 words]Solomon BalasJan 13, 2017 06:53
Now is the time to end the problem called The UN. Kill it! [57 words]Albert ReingewirtzJan 13, 2017 06:25

Comment on this item

Name
Email Address
Title of Comments
Comments:

Note: Gatestone Institute greatly appreciates your comments. The editors reserve the right, however, not to publish comments containing: incitement to violence, profanity, or any broad-brush slurring of any race, ethnic group or religion. Gatestone also reserves the right to edit comments for length, clarity and grammar. All thoughtful suggestions and analyses will be gratefully considered. Commenters' email addresses will not be displayed publicly. Gatestone regrets that, because of the increasingly great volume of traffic, we are not able to publish them all.