Nobody is happier than the United Nations about the election of Barack Obama. It is as if they just discovered kryptonite, and Superman will soon easily be disabled.
The UN is an uncomplicated place. Every unsatiated tyrant, European has-been, or misguided wretch brainwashed about the Great Satan wants to take America down - unless they are able to immigrate of course. Their weapon of choice? The United Nations. The beauty of it, from the perspective of the majority, is that Americans are paying for their own demise - nearly a full quarter of the total UN budget - and even convinced they deserve it.
President Obama will have what his friends will call an unprecedented opportunity to tie American foreign policy to the UN ship of state, never to be separated again. To get started, the UN apparatus has already mapped out the priorities for President Obama’s early days in office (taking it for granted he’ll be hightailing it out of Iraq). Here’s their plan for the President-elect:
- Put Israel on the chopping block. “Israel first” has long been the calling card of the UN. The UN narrative, a lie that has entered the consciousness of do-gooders and evil-doers alike, is this. Israel (the only democracy in the Middle East) is the root cause of the world’s ills. The Palestinians are the most aggrieved people on earth. The fact that Palestinians are 60-year refugees is the fault of the Jews (who are essentially an alien population from Europe). On the basis of this story line, the UN governing principle is: if only Israel did x, y, and z, (the list to be expanded after each Arab “no”), anger against the West would cease, terrorism would stop, and there would be no more war.
This might be called the backwards approach to Middle East politics, since Israel is actually on the front line of the war against democracy and America’s way of life, not bringing up the rear. Serving up an Israeli appetizer is just that - first course.
- Revitalize the Middle East Quartet, which drives the Arab-Israeli conflict through a multilateral prism with the UN as a full and equal partner.
No matter that the UN partner always weighs in on just one side of the conflict, adopting the predetermined position that Israel is the “root” of the problem and any Arab “peace” proposal is the solution.
- Drive the effort to stop terrorism through the United Nations Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy.
The strategy contains no definition of terrorism since UN members can’t agree on what counts as terrorism. It inverts priorities by focusing first and foremost on alleged “conditions conducive to the spread of terrorism,” such as “poverty” and “youth unemployment” “religious discrimination” and “socio-economic marginalization.” Plain old Jew-hatred or enmity of freedom and equality are mysteriously absent from the list of causes.
- Run for election to the UN Human Rights Council as a vote of confidence in the UN “human rights” apparatus and the ability to change it from the inside.
Forget that when elected the U.S. would have one vote, that the Western regional group of states is overwhelmingly outnumbered, and that reform of an agency serving the human rights abusers is the last thing of interest to the abusers firmly in control.
- Decide to participate in the Durban II “anti-racism” conference in April 2009, and send along a high-level emissary such as the Secretary of State. It would be hard to run for re-election to the Human Rights Council without attending the Council’s number-one priority, which is scheduled to take place shortly before the Council election.
Ignore that Durban II is an unredeemable and dangerous fraud. It adopts an anti-racism mantra to foment racism, the demonization of Israel and the defeat of free speech.
- Agree to some form of global taxation to fill UN coffers, giving rise to an even more powerful, wealthy, and undemocratic UN fiefdom (and a poorer America).
All that remains is for President Obama to put a date beside each one of the items on the U.N.’s first “to do” list. And down we’ll go.