Obama and Betrayal

Reader comment on: Obama's Betrayal of Israel

Submitted by Juanita Skelton, Jan 13, 2017 13:30

Some settlements where there needed to be settlements in the disputed areas, someone with a name that seems Muslim(Obama), an America looking for progressive leadership(the election of 2008), the Arab Spring, and the rise of an organized caliphate Islamic army:this was eight years of a recipe for disaster! Now we have it!
Resolution 2334 is the "icing on the baked-cake" that Obama ordered, along with Hollande(France), Hamas, Abbas, Fatah, Russia, and Germany. They will infact "eat" of it and possibly a lot of innocent people will be forced to "eat" of it and succumb to it. If you "eat" too much, you can kill yourself. Of course, I am speaking metaphorically.
I was born October 23, 1948. The nation of Israel was birthed on that day! I count myself as a part of a historical process that defies the imagination. For my own sixty-eight years, I too have known unrivalled HATRED from those whom I needed. For sixty-eight years, I have had to stand alone while others seemed to need to gang up on me, just one person. I too was different. I was a siblings rival for parental favor that went on and on into adulthood. I lived alone with my children as wards of the generosity of America's taxpayers because to "go home" meant dangerous physical attacks and my babies were put in mortal danger by people I called "family". What is my point? I was struggling right along with the nation that was birthed on October 23, 1948...how similar are our trajectories and our treatment.
So, Israel, you are my fellow traveler in the constellation of fate. I share your pain, I share your fears,and I share your stance, which is alone.
I marvel, beautiful Israel, at how you have turned a desert into a plentiful place. I marvel, beautiful Israel, how you have reached OVER the treachery of those who wish to destroy you and taken Arab lives into your hospitals only to have them strap hidden bombs to their bodies to hurt you EVEN THOUGH YOU HEALED them! Yes, you are the place on earth where "turning the other cheek" is acted out...from tsuris to tzedekah! I couldn't be prouder to stand in my heart on YOUR side.
I can only give you a Gentiles imperfect sisterhood with all that entails. I won't even deign to know how you want to be as a nation: I don't know your lovely hopes for the future. I just know that I WILL FIGHT injustice to my best ability with my prayers for your safety, your sovereignty, your right to the borders G-d, Himself, gave you THROUGH battle, and your right to BE no matter who cares NOT about your right to BE!
LADY ISRAEL, may you continue to shine ever so brightly! Lady Israel, we, who honor your struggle, will NEVER LET you be "erased from the earth"! LADY ISRAEL, may you be strong and have courage as Moshe commanded you thousands of years ago!
SHALOM!!!!!

Note: Reader comments are screened, and in some cases edited, before posting. Gatestone Institute reserves the right to reject anything found to be objectionable. Reader comments, including the one above, represent solely the opinion or viewpoint of the readers that submitted them and do not represent the opinion or viewpoint of Gatestone Institute. Gatestone Institute takes no responsibility for the content of reader comments.

Submit a comment on this article

Other reader comments on this item

Title By Date
⇒ Obama and Betrayal [499 words]Juanita SkeltonJan 13, 2017 13:30
Obamas "decision"...? [168 words]Rob ManzoniJan 13, 2017 13:01
Praise [77 words]Sheryn EfirdJan 13, 2017 12:33
Obama's Legacy of Hubris [145 words]John DavisJan 13, 2017 12:25
It is expected of him [53 words]H B SubrahmanyamJan 13, 2017 12:21
Israel Alone. [337 words]Ron HoffmanJan 13, 2017 12:20
The Desperate Act of a Petulant Child [76 words]Harold SvennsenJan 13, 2017 11:43
The prophecy in Ezekiel 35 [387 words]Roy SmithJan 13, 2017 11:22
Thoughtful article [52 words]lindaJan 13, 2017 10:28
Two state solution [33 words]Steve WarrenJan 13, 2017 10:23
Israel the only country in the world established by Divine Covenant! [74 words]GeoffreyJan 16, 2017 15:06
What Israel needs [70 words]hendrik kiliaanJan 13, 2017 09:38
Obama [27 words]MaryJan 13, 2017 09:17
You can't "betray" a people and country you have been known to hate due to Islamic belief [82 words]DeanJan 13, 2017 09:05
Demise of the West [180 words]Peter D GardnerJan 13, 2017 07:04
Surprise Surprise [51 words]Solomon BalasJan 13, 2017 06:53
Now is the time to end the problem called The UN. Kill it! [57 words]Albert ReingewirtzJan 13, 2017 06:25

Comment on this item

Name
Email Address
Title of Comments
Comments:

Note: Gatestone Institute greatly appreciates your comments. The editors reserve the right, however, not to publish comments containing: incitement to violence, profanity, or any broad-brush slurring of any race, ethnic group or religion. Gatestone also reserves the right to edit comments for length, clarity and grammar. All thoughtful suggestions and analyses will be gratefully considered. Commenters' email addresses will not be displayed publicly. Gatestone regrets that, because of the increasingly great volume of traffic, we are not able to publish them all.